26/08/2010

A little drop of Devon

I've never been very interested in particular models. Although I love a bit of antm, it's more to do with the fact that TyTy is completely bonkers and, let's be honest, Nigel Barker. But I am truly compelled by Devon Aoki.

She has such an unusual face-shape, and her features are so perfectly symmetric. This gives her an essence of otherworldliness, and as a result, the majoirty of campaigns she's involved in seem etheral and mysterious. With her American-Japanese heritage, she describes herself as 'weird looking', but I think it's the combination of origins that make her such an unusual beauty.

Moreover, she's only 5 ft 5 and was discovered by Jeremy Scott (who I have eternal love for). With a flourishing acting career, she isn't as heavily involved in the modelling world anymore. I wish she was. As beautiful as the likes of Jessica Stam and Natalia V are, their presence on the catwalk often feels repetitive. Maybe I've been watching too much Gok Wan of late, but I really think beauty is diverse and I will forever admire Devon's stunningly unique look.

No comments:

Post a Comment